Read this post in: Dutch
In and around the city centre, Rotterdam offers parking garages, P+R areas and parking spaces on the streets. Below, you can find basic information about parking in Rotterdam, such as what every parking possibility entails, where you can find them and how much it costs.
In and around the centre you have two types of garages: commercial garages and non-commercial garages. The commercial garages can be found in for instance De Bijenkorf (department store) and the Lijnbaan (big shopping street). Q-Park is a commercial and international parking organisation that you’ll often come across in Rotterdam. However, commercial garages are a bit more expensive than the non-commercial garages. We therefore recommend to park you car in the latter.
Since January 2017, the municipality of Rotterdam has made it more advantageous to park garages in the city instead of other parking possibilities. Rates start at 0.50 cents per 15 minutes and 2 euros per hour. Further from the center, the rates are a little more advantageous. Below you will find an overview of all municipal parking garages in and around Rotterdam center.
- Benthuizerstraat, Bloklandstraat 154, 3063 TS Rotterdam
- Boulevard Zuid, Polderstraat 10, 3074 XJ Rotterdam
- Colosseumweg, SN, Colosseumweg 13, 3074 Rotterdam
- De Boompjes, Terwenakker 18, 3011 VX Rotterdam
- Erasmusbrug, Gedempte Zalmhaven, 3016 DR Rotterdam
- Kiphof, Kipstraat 177, 3011 ZX Rotterdam
- Lusthofstraat, Chris Bennekerslaan 25C, 3061 EB Rotterdam
- Mathenesserplein, Aelbrechtskade 67, 3023 JA Rotterdam
- Meent, Binnenrotte 15, 3011 HB Rotterdam
- Museumpark, Museumpark 32, 3015 CX Rotterdam
- Nieuwe Binnenweg 1, Nieuwe Binnenweg 388C, 3023 ET Rotterdam
- Oude Haven, Burgemeester van Walsumweg 718, 3011 MZ Rotterdam
- Schouwburgplein 1, Schouwburgplein 22, 3012 CL Rotterdam
- Schouwburgplein 2, Weenatunnel 50, 3013 AL Rotterdam
- Veranda, Siem Heidenstraat 6, 3077 Rotterdam
- Zoomstraat, Zoomstraat 111, 3036 RE Rotterdam
P + R car parks can be found in the vicinity of public transport and just outside the city center. The perfect option if you want to park cheap or free and do not have a problem with entering the city by public transport. At P + R sites you can pay by debit card, cash or credit card. There are five P + R areas in Rotterdam, two of which are free and open 24/7. These are:
- P+R-terrein Hoogvliet, langs de baan (metro) 94, 3191TP
- P+R-terrein Meijersplein, Fairoaksbaan 300, 3045AS
In addition to these two free parking lots, you have the paid P + R sites around the city center. These are:
- P+R-terrein Alexander, Prins Alexanderlaan 35, 3068PN
- P+R-terrein Kralingse Zoom, Kralingse Zoom (metro) 50, 3062SM
- P+R-terrein Slinge, Slinge (metro) 763, 3086EZ
For the amount of 2 euros you can also park your car in these areas. Here are some conditions, namely:
- You travel with an OV chip card and buy an exit card at the car park within one hour of check-out.
- After 72 hours, the normal rate will be € 0.50 per 18 minutes with a maximum of € 17, – per day.
- Note: You will only receive a discount if you travel with an OV chip card (rechargeable card or disposable card). Cards with actions from retail chains and NS are not eligible.
If you do not travel by public transport, you will pay a parking fee of € 0.50 per 18 minutes with a maximum of € 17, – per day.
Outdoor parking is slightly more expensive than the municipal parking garages and the P + R sites. Prices are subject to the location. In general, the closer to the center, the more expensive. At these parking places you pay in advance with your debit card. Here you pay at the nearest post by entering your license plate and completing the payment.
Hopefully the possibilities of parking in Rotterdam are completely clear for you now. Have a great time!