Read this post in: Dutch
The Foodhallen is already well-known in Amsterdam. Now, four successful years later, they decided to open a second location in the beautiful monumental Pakhuismeesteren at the Kop van Zuid in Rotterdam. Last month (September 2018) they celebrated the festive opening of Foodhallen 010. It’s not an exact replica of the Foodhallen in Amsterdam, but a real Rotterdam version of a food market. Below you can read about this opening and what you can expect from the Foodhallen in Rotterdam!
Find 22 other new hotspots in Rotterdam in our latest New in Town!
The festive opening of the Foodhallen
The opening already began in style with our unique ride for the night: the Water Taxi. We were picked up at Blaak. Cruising down the Maas really gets a good view of the Rotterdam Skyline.
From far away you could already see the balloons and girls with glitters at the entrance. When we were inside it was like entering food heaven. Every food stand offered free bites, beautifully served and looking delicious.
The Foodhallen really went all out for the opening. Not only could you try food; there was also live-music, perfect for the people that were in the mood for dancing. But what really caught my eye was the mountain made out of oysters from Bar Pulpo. As I am a big fan of oysters, you could find me there.
As for drinks, you can have a beer, wine or finish up with a glass of champagne at the bar. You can also get cocktails at Bobby’s Gin from Schiedam, amongst others.
What can you expect at this big indoor food market in Rotterdam?
The best from Rotterdam in terms of food, lots and lots of food and drinks! Twelve local restaurants from Rotterdam have moved into the Foodhallen to serve the best from our city. Next to local food, there is also a central bar that serves Rotterdam drinks, such as beer from Kaapse Brouwers and Bobby’s Gin from Schiedam. A bit too early for a strong drink? Move along to the coffee corner and relax there until the other stands have opened. You can even stay at the design hotel Room Mate Bruno which is also located in the monumental Pakhuismeesteren building.
12 Food stands at The Foodhallen
Which restaurants can you find at the Foodhallen? With a total of 12 food stands (2 to 3 more food stands are coming soon…) there is something for everyone: from Vietnamese, Italian, and Mexican to Spanish. The Foodhallen offers a relax sphere were you can hang at the food stands, have a chat, a drink and eat some really nice fresh food made by local Rotterdammers. You can get a pizza from La Pizza, street food from Roffa Streetfood Bar or taco’s from Taquaria Lima.
- Ten to Three Bakery: Cupcakes, macarons en ander local sweets.
- Txosta: Spanish Pintxos by ex-El Bulli chef Alvaro Martinez.
- VietYam: Previously only a food truck, now in a fixed stand – authentic Vietnamese food.
- Foodshed: Erik and Julien van Loo (Parkheuvel **) give a street food interpretation of a star meal.
- Bar Pulpo: Jelmer Bouma and Pegah Hosseinzadeh (Las Palmas) serve the best from the sea.
- Roffa Foodhallen: 100% Rotterdam with delicious smoked meat and BBQ.
- Taqueria Lima: Taqueria Lima has moved along from Foodhallen Amsterdam and serves tacos in all shapes and sizes.
- Indonesia: After a short break this authentic Indonesian restaurant, that is loved by many, is back.
- Baomazing: Chinees streetfood with steamed bao and dim sum.
- Bavette Burgers & Ballen: Bavette serves the tastiest burgers and bitterballen from our own Wagyu and Hereford cattle.
- La Pizza: This known Rotterdam restaurant serves authentic stone oven pizza and antipasti.
- BACKYARD: Vega(n) dishes, drinks and feel good vibes – all day.
Tip: Take the water taxi to the Foodhallen
On several locations in Rotterdam you can hop on the Water Taxi and get out at Kop van Zuid. It is really fun, quick and not too expensive. You can find an overview of the water taxi’s here.
Wilhelminakade 58, 3072 AR Rotterdam
Monday – Thursday: 12.00 – 23.00
Friday – Saturday: 12.00 – 01.00
Sunday: 12.00 – 23.00
Have you already been to the Foodhallen in Rotterdam? Let us know in the comments!
Pin this article